Purity Organics provides these links below to help you enjoy
the flavor and benefits of our almonds. Remember to buy some
extra for your holiday recipes here.
Recipe File - Great ideas for cooking with almonds.
of Almonds - If you are writing a report, this link
will give you a start.
Facts about Almonds - Find out what's in these crunchy
almonds can help your body - Interested in a healthier
body? Find out how almonds can help.
8 Things You May Not Know About Almonds
1. Cleopatra used almond oil as a moisturizer.
2. A one-ounce serving of almonds contains 35 percent of
your daily value for vitamin E.
3. Five hundred miles of California almond orchards produce
more than 80 percent of the world's supply of almonds.
4. California is the only state in the United States that
commercially produces almonds.
5. Almonds are among the earliest cultivated foods.
6. Research shows people who eat an ounce, about a handful,
of almonds daily for a month can lower their LDL, or "bad," cholesterol
an average of 4.4 percent.
7. Research shows people who eat twice as much almonds - two
ounces - each day for a month can lower their LDL cholesterol
levels by an average of 9.4 percent.
8. An ounce of almonds has as much calcium as a quarter
cup of milk.
Source: California Almond Board